Beliefs | Objectives | Ethical Statement
We believe that the Torah, the prophets
and the Holy Writings were given by God
through ancient Jewish holy men who wrote
as God directed them. We believe that this
collection of inspired writings, the Tanach
(Old Testament), is true and inerrant.
We believe that the New Covenant is the
fulfillment of the prophecies of the Tanach,
especially of Jeremiah 31:31 (verse 30 in
some editions) in which God promised to give
to Israel a New Covenant. We believe that the
Tanach and the New Covenant comprise the
Divinely given, inerrant Word of God, which
is God's complete and final revelation.
We believe that Yeshua, Who was born
in Bethlehem and grew up in Nazareth, is the
Divine Son of God, the Son of David of the
Tribe of Judah, the true Messiah prophesied in
the Torah, the Prophets and the Holy Writings
(Genesis 49: 10; Deuteronomy 18: 15 - 18; Isaiah
53; Jeremiah 23:5- 6; Micah 5:2 ; Psalm 2;
Psalm 22; Proverbs 30:4; and many more!)
We believe that all people of the world
are invited to be a part of Israel's New Covenant
by trusting in Israel's Messiah, (Isaiah
42:6-7; 49:6; 60:3).
We believe that forgiveness of sin comes
only through a blood atonement as stated in
the Torah (Leviticus 17: 11) and that the only
atonement God accepts today is the atonement
made by Messiah Yeshua (Psalm 2: 12;
Isaiah 53: 10-11; John 14:6; Acts 4: 12).
We believe that Messiah Yeshua was
resurrected from the grave to be the eternal
Priest of the New Covenant (Psalm 16: 10).
We believe that Messiah Yeshua is coming
back to earth to rule the earth in a Kingdom
of Righteousness. We believe that He came
the first time as the Suffering Servant of Isaiah
53 to make atonement for sin, And that He is
returning to set up God's Kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2; Isaiah 11; Daniel
7; Matthew 19: 27-28).
The SBMF is Committed to Certain Objectives:
- The worship of Yeshua Hamashiakh (Jesus Christ) as Lord and Saviour.
- The evangelism of the world's Jewish population in the belief that Yeshua
IS THE Jewish Messiah as well as the Son of God and Saviour.
- To encourage Jewish believers that their ethnic and historical
heritage need NOT be lost upon their commitment to Yeshua.
- To encourage planting of Messianic Jewish congregations and fellowships
as worship homes for Jewish believers and their families.
- To encourage the Church to partner with us in evangelizing the Jewish
- We understand the Baptist Faith and Message and its relationship to the Southern Baptist Church. Many of the congregations associated with the SBMF minister to a spicific people group and many worship on the Biblical Shabbat.
We are ready to meet the people in churches to discuss and bring the message of
the need for this biblically mandated ministry (Romans 1:16).
Ethical Statement Relating to Jews and Gentiles:
Since we believe that Yeshua is the true Jewish Messiah
Who takes away the sin of the world, and that we are Scripturally
obligated to present this "good news" to everyone, we resolve that:
- We will try to present the message of redemption
through the atonement of Messiah Yeshua with love and
compassion to Jews and Gentiles throughout the world.
- We strongly condemn anti-Semitism and all derogatory statements or actions against any ethnic, racial, or religious
- We will abstain from the use of trickery or deception
in presenting the message of salvation through Messiah Yeshua.
Also. it is not our intent to forcibly present this message
during our attendance at traditional Jewish places of worship.
religious gatherings, or at public or private events which are
organized by the traditional Jewish community.
- Since it is commonly accepted in the Jewish community at large that "it is not what you believe that makes you a
Jew. but who you are." those of us who are Jewish and believe
that Yeshua (Jesus) is the true Messiah of Israel will continue
to identify ourselves as Jews.
- Those of us who are Jewish believers in Messiah
Yeshua and follow the cultural ways of our ancestors will not
claim to represent Traditional Judaism.